Saturday, February 19, 2011

How to Remove Old Candles from Candle Holders

How do you get old wax and burned-out candles out of candle holders? It's really a piece of cake with this quick, cleaning tip!  
Can you see the melted, purple candle in the bottom of the candle holder? The candle holder went into the freezer for about five minutes. Then, I slid a knife under the edge of the wax and it popped free from the candle holder.

Because the bottom of this candle holder is bigger than the top, I had to break the wax up a bit to get it to fit through the opening. The frozen wax broke easily with the knife. The whole process took just a few seconds once I removed the candle holder from the freezer. It works with any type of candle holder.

It's also a great way to remove wax drips from the sides of candlesticks.

5 comments:

  1. I've had a really tedious experience with soy candles and this trick. I love doing this for my other candles, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tip! Thanks for that post, and a very pretty candle holder you have there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this once but it didn't work for me :( I don't know what I did wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frugal Tips - I wonder if you had soy candles? Rilojane says it didn't work for hers. I've never had it fail, but I've never used soy candles, either!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!