Friday, April 13, 2012

Freezer to Crockpot: Moms Making Meals Together

Wouldn't it be great to have bags of crockpot-ready veggies and meat stashed in your freezer?

Crockpot freezer meals seem to be one of the latest trends. They're popping up all over the Internet, including on my favorite site, Pinterest. My friend, Tracy, was inspired to get a small group together and make a batch of freezer meals to share.

We each picked a crockpot freezer recipe that we found on the Internet. We bought enough ingredients to make four bags of our chosen recipe. Then, we met two nights ago to chop, dice, cook, chit-chat and stuff freezer bags with a meal's worth of food.

When all the bags were filled, the three of us exchanged bags, so we each ended up with three different freezer meals. We all made an extra to give to a friend who was expecting a baby any day. She's since given birth (Yay!), so I'm sure these freezer meals will be very welcome.  
Tracy made Savory Vegetable Beef Soup. I made Healthy BBQ Chicken and our friend, Amy, made Chicken Teriyaki. You can find directions and recipes here and here.

At the end of the night, we'd declared the experiment a success and planned to meet again in roughly two weeks for more of the same.

I love the idea so much, I'm going to make several freezer meals on my own in the next week or two. I'm itching to try this spinach, bacon and feta stuffed chicken recipe

Do you make freezer meals?

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to try this for a couple of weeks. I keep seeing this fabulous ideas on Pinterest and I just need to sit down and do it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it, Angela! I've cooked 2 of my 3 meals so far. It's so nice to have them ready to go in the freezer on those super busy days. I need to make more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!