Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Organizing Bookcase #1

The utility room was depressing me today, so I thought I'd come up out of the dark and organize something else. There's no shortage of clutter in this house, so finding another project was no problem.

My oldest son's bookcase hasn't been tidied in awhile. He's outgrown a lot of the books in it. It was time for me to pick those out and pass them down to his little brother. I won't even mention the layer of dust on everything.

He couldn't find anything in this mess. Notice the dirty sock on the middle shelf - lol.

This is a small stack of books that went right into my middle son's bookcase. He's not ready for some of them, but they can hang out there for the time being. I also packed away a small box of Magic Treehouse books and comics that I'll pull out in a year or two.

And, I put four pounds of magazines, old workbooks and papers into the recycling basket. FOUR POUNDS! Can you believe it? I don't know what possessed me to weigh it, but I think it might be neat to start tallying what I toss everyday.

15 minutes later and things are looking much better!

4 comments:

Thanks!