Monday, January 12, 2009

Cleaning the Dressers and Sorting Clothes

I have too many clothes. My dresser is so packed that I can barely cram in the clean laundry. Since what goes through the laundry are the clothes that I actually wear, it makes no sense that I keep my dresser stuffed full with clothing that either doesn't fit, is out of style, I don't like or is old and worn out.

The middle drawer in my dresser is so packed that the t-shirt on the top gets rumpled every time I open and close the drawer. 15 minutes later and things are much tidier. It's hard to tell from the picture, but I actually have a little room to spare, at least enough to put away my clean laundry. I had enough time to tidy the bottom drawer, which I didn't think I'd be able to get to today.

I took this pile of old clothes out of both drawers. Some of it is too stained and worn to donate, so I threw it away. The rest will go to the Salvation Army box at the transfer station. The whole pile weighed 4 pounds.

2 comments:

  1. I nominated you for the lemonade award. Check it out on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to do this. Why do we keep clothes we don't wear?? I need to do it for the kids too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!