Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Getting Rid of Old Magazines

I've got two baskets in my living room. This one is filled with old magazines, catologues and some children's books.


This one is filled with our winter gloves, scarves and hats.



You can see that it's not big enough. The basket gets dumped several times a day. Sometimes by the kids while they play and sometimes by me while I frantically look for something when we have to go somewhere and are running late. I'm pretty tired of it. Both of these baskets look cluttered and messy.

I set the timer for 15 minutes and got to work. I stuck 11 pounds of old magazines in the trunk of my car to drop off in the recycling bin at the transfer station. I put the books in the appropriate bookcase.


I moved all the winter gear into the larger basket.


Hmm... What can I put in this? I've got an empty basket! And, I did all this in only NINE minutes. I had six minutes to spare. Today, instead of finding other things to do, I relaxed.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - much better! Love your blog - especially the photos. You're inspiring me to tackle some of the piles that are starting to grow unwieldy around here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!