Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Toy Box in the Family Room

The family room is a constant disaster. We have two toy boxes in there. These are the toy boxes that get filled with all the random stuff that isn't played with on a regular basis. But, the boys and their friends like to go through it now and again to see what they can find. It's like a treasure hunt.


This is one of the boxes with all the stuff that's been left out on the floor for a few days. Usually, it's worse than this.




After 15 minutes, the mess is contained. I threw away a lot of random junk toys. I was able to empty the other toy box into this one.

I think I'm going to put the empty toy box in my four-year-old son's room. We still have a giant mess in there everyday, even though I've weeded out his toys and tried to organize them in seperate Rubbermaid containers. Maybe the solution is to dump everything into one big container. He's too little for organization anyway. Sometimes I make things more complicated than they need to be.

1 comment:

  1. Toys are crazy. I'm always looking at my kids' toys and thinking they have way too much stuff! But then when I start going through it, I find very little I really want to get rid of.
    Someday it's all going to take over my home and we'll all be eating off of plastic tea sets.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!