Thursday, January 1, 2009

Why You Should Never Declutter with Your Husband & Organizing the Utility Room - Part III

Cleaning Up the Clutter Rule #1

Sometimes things get worse before they get better.

At the end of today's 15 minutes, the mostly tidy middle section of the work table in the utility room now looks like this:

Cleaning Up the Clutter Rule #2.

Never declutter with your husband.

My husband has the day off of work today, so I thought it would be a good idea to have his input on the computer junk that is still residing on the work table. Let's just say that it didn't go well. Most of the computer stuff we moved out of the third and final section of the work table ended up in the middle space.

However, today's space did end up much better, so I can't complain too much.


Before our 15 minutes.


After our 15 minutes of work.

Today's special find is an old part of our boiler that we had replaced THREE years ago. It's mostly metal, so it can be recycled.

My husband thinks this is called the regulator. It got fried when lightening struck a pole outside of our house and sent a surge through our system. It weighs 1 lb. It feels heavier than that.

4 comments:

  1. HI Barb- I hope this works, I've been trying to give you a comment but it hasn't been working for some reason!? You can absolutely quote me- would you email me first? I'd like to talk to you about it. mamanotes@gmail.com Thanks for being a follower and great blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somedays I like when Dh wants to help me clean, other times Id rather just do it myself cause he can make more messes than he cleans. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't intend to reclutter the middle section of the bench, but we ran out of time. This is sort of a microcosm of my life in general and how much of the clutter happens in the first place - there's never enough time. Or there's just enough time to finish a project but not quite enough time to clean up after it before I have to run off to the next thing. On the other hand I'd probably have more time if I didn't have to search for a half hour to find the tools to even get started with a project. It's paradoxical really - which came first, the clutter or the time void?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even know how to answer that. I suspect the correct answer is the kids came first, then the clutter and the time void quickly followed. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!