Saturday, February 14, 2009

Kitchen Drawers

Happy Valentine's Day! They say that the kitchen is the heart of the home, so I thought it would be fitting to declutter there today.



I've got a row of four drawers in the kitchen cupboards. This is the silverware drawer. If you look carefully, you can see the pile of dog hair in the back, left of the drawer. How gross is that? I didn't even know it was there until I had emptied the drawer completely. I guess I'm not that observant.


This looks much better tidied up. I also cleaned and organized the towel drawer, the tablecloth drawer and a drawer where I keep all the lids to my casserole dishes. The lids are glass and I don't seem to be very good at setting them in there gently. I found a few small slivers of broken glass in the back of the drawer. Yikes!




My solution is to stack the lids with some of my unused cloth placemats in-between each layer. Hopefully the placemats will give them the cushioning they need.

I hope you all have the most lovely, romantic Valentine's Day ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!