Monday, March 9, 2009

The Family Room

Our family room is part of our basement. It's right next to the utility room. Unfortunately, that means it's collected some of the spill over from the utility room. When we had our boiler tuned up last fall, my husband had to move some stuff out of the utility room so the guy could get in there. Five months later, this stuff still resides in our family room. I'm sure it feels right at home because it's got lots of company.



This is a combination of boxes out of the utility room, some clothes, a Cub Scout project from a few weeks ago and who knows what else. It's been bugging me for awhile, but I was determined to finish the kitchen, so I didn't do anything about it. I think it grew a little every day.



Fifteen minutes really helped. The boxes and an old printer are still here. I want to get those sorted before they go back into the utility room, but that's a project for another day. I think my husband is going to combine the old printer with another one to make a new, usable printer. For anyone wondering why we have so much computer stuff, that pretty much sums it up. He tinkers with it all, fixes computers, makes usable ones out of old parts and enjoys every minute of it. He does not enjoy searching for hours for a tiny computer part that he's misplaced. That's why he's agreed to help me with Cleaning Up the Clutter.

3 comments:

  1. That 15 minute thing works wonders(and it's very addictive)! Looks much better!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me feel better about my clutter. When I get home I wil try to tackle some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keltie40 - It IS addictive, but that's a good thing in this case. LOL

    Together - Oddly, I feel better about my clutter, too. Working on it a little bit every day makes me feel not so annoyed and intimidated by it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!