Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Garage

When it gets warm outside, the garage door is open a lot. My older son needs to get his bike and other outdoor toys out. Unfortunately, this means our garage clutter is hanging out there for the whole neighborhood to see.
This area is supposed to be for things that are headed to the transfer station (i.e. the dump). Other things get put here frequently though. And, my husband has a little difficulty parting with some things that should go to the dump. So, they sit here for months until I make a covert dump trip when he's at work.

I'm not sure why we keep that barrel of wood scraps here. Once I get the garage a little more organized, I'll move it. I want this to be a recycling station, with shelves and bins for plastic, glass and papers.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it strange how emn have difficulties parting with stuff? Your husband sounds just like mine. I must "sneak out" and throw thing away.

    You should be lucky you just have the garage to gather your stuff in. We have a little barn we can "store" ours in and it can take a lot of stuff. Argh, I can feel my bloddpressure rising by the thought of all the mess out there.....:O

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!