Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hello Fuel Oil Tank

Today I picked up right where I left off yesterday. I found the shop vac, cleaned up the giant dust bunnies, moved the new table to it's new spot and did a little sorting. I didn't time myself. By the time I dragged two kids downstairs, put the gate up at the bottom of the stairs, found the shop vac and had my four-year-old get the camera for me, I didn't feel like running upstairs to set the timer. I need to get one of those little portable timers that I can clip on my pocket. I think I ended up doing more than 15 minutes of work, but I'm okay with that. I could have kept sorting today, but the kids were not having it.
Considering these dust bunnies have been allowed to grow for over seven years, they weren't as big as I expected.

The new table isn't quite as long as the old table was. I think we can fit a narrow set of shelves in at the end! That will be a great place to organize and store tools. We've got a piece of peg board to hang on the wall, too. It's all starting to come together.

Here's the oil tank. It's been hiding behind the new work table for a long time. The next step in here is to sort boxes, consolidate and throw out as much as I can (and as much as I can get my husband to part with) and organize the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!