Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Help Me Clean My Kitchen Floor

I have a kitchen floor problem. It's a no-wax floor and it collects a layer of grime that doesn't come off with regular mopping. It does come off with a Magic Eraser.
I love Magic Erasers. They make jobs that would normally require a lot of elbow grease a little easier.

I tried to get a good before and after picture. The squares on the right have been Magic Erased. The squares on the left have not. I worked for about 20 minutes and did two-thirds of the floor. I'll do the remaining one-third tomorrow.

Is there anything I can seal my floor with after I've finished cleaning it? I'd really like to be able to go longer in between scrubbings.

OK, to be honest, it's been a long time since I last scrubbed it. But, I'd like it to look cleaner for longer. I do mop on a fairly regular basis. I spot clean as needed and mop or swiffer the whole thing about once a week. But, the grunge builds up regardless. I've tried mopping every other day to see if it helped and it didn't.

Is this just the curse of the no-wax floor? Or, is there anything out there that will help?

How do you clean your no-wax floor?

I'll create a separate post with any tips that I get, with a link to your blog, if you've got one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!