Thursday, March 26, 2009

New Cleaning Routine: 5 At 5

My living room gets pretty trashed everyday. The kids are busy playing and I'm not one of those moms who picks up as soon as the kids walk away from a toy. Too many times, we've ended the day with a mess and woken up to that same mess in the morning. Can anyone relate?


Last week, I started a new cleaning routine with the kids. We call it 5 at 5. At 5:00 in the afternoon, I set the timer for 5 minutes. We all clean up the living room as fast as we can. Even the baby runs around and starts putting toys in baskets. Once the timer goes off, we're done. We aren't trying to make it perfect, just better. I don't care if there's still a few toys out here and there or if we don't get to declutter the coffee table.



This was yesterday's mess. That wasn't even a bad one.




All it took was 5 minutes and we were no longer tripping over toys! I didn't get to the coffee table, but I'll start there today. It was nice not waking up to toys on the floor.

2 comments:

  1. yeah thanks for the tips.. ill try to be sharper in my cleaning habits... im runnings http://carrfamilyhoustoncleaningservices.blogspot.com/ now so... i need to be a lot more cleaner..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!