Monday, March 23, 2009

The Old Work Table

My husband is going to have a cow when he comes home. But, I hope in a good way. If there is a good way to have a cow. I took it upon myself to remove the old work table this afternoon.


This is what it looked like after I finished clearing it last week. I have completely cleared it a few times in the past seven years. Moving the new work table into this spot has been the plan all along. But, before anything could ever happen, my packrat (i.e. husband) started piling things on it again until it was impossible to move. I was afraid to look after the weekend, but was pleasantly surprised to find that it was still clear today. But, I knew I had to act fast.

I am a little in shock that I actually did it. It was really just a piece of plywood nailed to some 2 x 4s, which were nailed to the wall studs, but it's been hanging over our heads for seven years. It took about an hour to get it out of there, including removing all the nails from all the wood. I feel great about it. There is something empowering about grabbing the hammer and doing what needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!