Thursday, March 26, 2009

Organizing the Shelves in the Utility Room

I'm so glad I'm cleaning up the clutter little by little each day instead of trying to do one big purge. This gives me time to think about how I'm going to organize, lets my husband and I think about what to throw away and what to keep and keeps us from getting frustrated and overwhelmed. On that note, I had a light bulb moment when I showed my husband the utility room last night.

We are going to build a set of shelves to keep next to the new work table. We'll store all the tools and related household things here. Larger things, like the big tool box, will either slide under the work table or go on the bottom shelf of the work table.

The existing set of shelves that has been cluttered with tools, computer stuff and long-term storage is going to be designated for computer stuff only. The existing set of shelves on the other side of the utility room is going to be long-term storage and household things, like the Christmas decorations.

This is a mix of everything - computer stuff, tools and long-term storage.


I moved all the tools to the new new work table and moved the long-term storage to the other side of the room. All that remains is computer stuff. I still have lots more sorting and organizing to do.

I'm excited to have a plan and feel really focused about cleaning up the clutter and organizing the utility room now. It took getting started in here and swapping the work tables for my husband and I to finally make some sense out of all the disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!