Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Toys in the Living Room

Anyone that thinks stay-at-home moms have all day to clean the house has never been a stay-at-home mom. Today was one of those days where I was starting to wonder if I'd be able to get my 15-minute decluttering session in. We were gone most of the day and then, when we got home, I had to work on my taxes. I'm not actually doing them, but I've got an appointment to get them done on Friday, so I had to get organized today.


Luckily, things came together fast with the paperwork, but it was at the expense of letting the kids trash the house. My usual living room clean-up was looking daunting. I realized that we've been letting the toys build up in the living room for some time. It was time for me to de-clutter and take a large percentage of them back to the bedrooms where they belong.

I don't mind some toys in the living room, but I don't want a lot here. They were scattered all over the floor, too. After the toys were re-organized, I spent a few more minutes cleaning up the coffee table. Several books had migrated here from the bookcases and needed to be put away. I left a few out for each kid.

My busy day isn't over yet. I've got to make dinner, clean up the kitchen and then go to a meeting at the school. It's supposed to be bath night for the kids, too. I'm not sure we'll get that in tonight. I'm thinking it can wait another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!