Thursday, March 12, 2009

Under the Bed

I pulled the bed out to look for something that fell behind it and knew this was where I had to spend my 15 minutes. The dust bunnies were winning the battle here and I needed to show them who was boss. We all know they are, but just for today, I wanted it to be me.

I have a Rubbermaid container with all of our music CDs under the bed. I have another place to keep them, but it's too accessible to the baby. In the few minutes that the bed was away from the wall, he was pulling them out. I don't mind that once in a while, but I don't want to have to pick them up off the floor every day (been there, done that). When he's a little older, they can go back to their real home.

The basket of books has been under my bed for a very long time. It's a left over storage trick from when we lived in tiny apartments. I haven't really utilized it in years. It's time for me to use the basket for something else. I've got a nice bookcase in the bedroom, so it's not like I need books under the bed.



I love how the hardwood floors look when they are clean and shiny.



I used this Simple Pure Clean hardwood floor cleaner. I got it in trade for a small writing job I did over a year ago. It's an all-natural cleaner and smells fantastic. But, it's expensive. So, it's the kind of thing I wouldn't buy myself, but since I've got it, I'll use it. Normally, I would just use some diluted vinegar to clean the hardwood floors.

3 comments:

  1. ooo clean hardwood floors are always so gratifying.. my beside-the-bed area is looking pretty horrible so I think I'll go do that now.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love clean hardwood floors. The problem is, they don't stay clean for long in my house. I'm blaming that on the dog - lol. Luckily, she's a good sport.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have laminate.. can I blame the cat?! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!