Saturday, March 7, 2009

Woo Hoo! The Kitchen is Cleaned and Organized!

I'm excited to announce that the kitchen is completely cleaned and organized! This is the perfect day to finish the kitchen because it is beautiful out here today. I spent about 20 minutes washing the walls. After I was done, I put the baby in the front carrier and went for a walk.


We moved into this house a little over seven years ago. That was the last time I had cleaned the entire kitchen. I've done bits and pieces since then, but never the whole thing at once. Ok, it wasn't all at once this time either. It was over several weeks, little by little, in roughly 15-minute decluttering and cleaning sessions.


I put a damp rag on my Swiffer to clean the upper part of the walls. It was dusty, but there wasn't any scrubbing to do here. It went quickly and I was done with this in a couple of minutes. I took all the pictures off the walls, dusted them and re-hung them.

I did have to scrub the bottom part of the walls, especially around the table. You could definitely tell where the two little kids sit at meal time. It was quite messy. I used my last Scotch-Brite Easy Erasing Pad, which did not hold up any better than it did yesterday. It did help get the job done, though.




And, here's a picture of my sparkling clean, organized kitchen! I love it! It feels good going into spring and summer with a fresh, clean kitchen. The curtains are in the laundry right now. I'm so excited I may even iron them before I hang them.

I'm going to put together a post with a list of all my kitchen blog entries. If you are feeling inspired, you can use it as a guide to clean your own kitchen. Of course, we all have different things in our kitchens. The important thing is that you work 15 minutes at a time, a little every day, until it's done!

1 comment:

  1. Inspiring..and you have a lovely kitchen. 15 minutes a day uh? Maybe I'll give it a whirl!

    Breeze

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!