Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cleaning Around the Woodstove

My husband usually takes care of the area around the woodstove. If you have a woodstove, you know how messy it can get. There are little pieces of wood, ashes and all the woodstove tools scattered on the floor.
This is the first winter we've had a working woodstove. We love it! I haven't done the math yet, but I know we saved a lot of money in fuel oil. And, during the ice storm in December, when our power was out for three days, we were cozy and warm. We even heated up canned soup and a few other yummy things on it.

My husband probably would have cleaned this up after dinner tonight. I thought I'd save him the trouble. As you can see, there's still a film of ashes on the floor. I did wipe it down with a damp rag, but I guess I needed to do it a couple of times to get it all. We'll probably still have a few nights that are cool enough for us to have a fire, but after that I'll give it a good scrubbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!