Monday, April 6, 2009

In the Living Room

We call this piece of furniture the credenza, but we don't really know what it is. The previous owners of the house built it. It's attached to the floor. My husband and I think it was intended to be an entertainment center. If it wasn't right at the top edge of the stairs in our raised ranch, it would probably be a nice one. But, we don't want to look at the back of a TV as we climb the stairs, so we opt not to use it as that.
Instead of an entertainment center, it's kind of a toy and book center.

The kids weren't playing with the toys that were here anymore. So, I put them away and got some different things out. Honestly, this piece of furniture makes me nervous. With a 14-month old who is learning to climb and an impulsive four-year-old who still likes to climb, I worry. The drop off to the bottom of the entry way is pretty far. I wish we had something else here. I'm not sure what, but I don't really like it the way it is.

2 comments:

  1. I was going to make a comment about having climbers in the house, but you already mentioned it in your post. ;) I like the way it LOOKS in the picture, but definitely a dangerous thing imo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we are very careful around this. It's abosolutely forbidden for the boys to climb on it. I don't even let my nine-year-old or dh sit on it because I think they'll give the little ones an idea. And, of course, the baby is always supervised in the living room. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!