Sunday, April 5, 2009

Revisiting the Kitchen Counters

My theory on how neat people stay neat is they never let things get too far out of control to begin with. As soon as they see a mess, they clean it. When a room or counter starts to get cluttered, they take action. One of the reasons I'm doing this blog is to train myself to be that kind of person.

Things were starting to pile up on the kitchen counters over the last week or so. I knew I had to nip it in the bud.

The dishes next to the sink are clean. They just need to be put away. However, the sink is full of dirty dishes.
I did a lot in 15 minutes! I had time to put away the clean dishes, wash the dirty dishes and declutter lots of surfaces. I'm not sure what to do with that big breadmaker on the counter. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to use it enough to keep it out or if I need to put it away somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. You inspired me to clean up my kitchen today, and when I did that, I realized how much I loved it. In fact, I loved it *so* much that I made a little post about it on my own blog - a "5 things challenge" post, actually. Maybe you'd like to do one too, considering how nice yours is looking at the moment? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a neat idea! I will try to do it this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!