Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sprucing Up the Hallway

We have a long, narrow hall in our house that's not very pretty. I started to paint it two years ago when I found out I was pregnant with the baby. Because I'm paranoid about fumes, I stopped the project and have just now been thinking about finishing it.
The hallway collects dog hair and toys like everything else in our house.

It also collects spiders. If you look closely, you can see a picture of a spider egg case. At least that's what I think it is. There are several of them along the edge of the ceiling. I don't mind spiders in our house. I kind of like them, actually. But, I don't like these little egg cases lining the hallway. I swept them down with the broom.


After picking up the toys, shaking out the rugs, sweeping, wiping down the floor and washing the walls, my fifteen minutes was up. It looks and feels much better in the hallway. I'd like to paint it soon. I really don't like the white walls and am thinking of a color change. Any ideas? Our living room, which is right next to the hallway is sage green. Maybe a light beige would look nice? What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Beige and sage would look lovely together, I think that's a perfect combination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sherwin williams latte - and you can get it in theur harmony paint so you don't 'paint stink' yourself out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Dragon Petals.

    Anne - That sounds awesome. I'm going to their website right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!