Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What Do I Do with Partially Used Bottles of Cleaning Products?

Today I tackled the laundry room, or at least a little bit of the laundry room. I knew I had some old cleaning products hanging around. It's been many years since I switched to vinegar, baking soda and other natural cleaners for most of my cleaning needs. Yet, I haven't gotten rid of the old stuff. Mostly because I don't know what to do with it.
The top of the dryer is a mess. And, it's coated with a nice layer of dust and spots of spilled laundry detergent. There's also a nice collection of Legos and change, all rescued from pockets before the clothes get tossed in the washer.

I found a bottle of anti-bacterial Fantastic, an old bottle of laundry detergent and some old fabric softener. I won't use any of this stuff again. What do you do with old cleaning products? I don't want to dump them down the drain. That seems like it'd be bad for the environment or at least bad for the septic tank.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you could donate them to a shelter, or freecycle them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to donate them to a shelter. What a great idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our community has a once a year "hazardous waste" collection day. You might check your towns municipal website and see if they offer something similar. We hit it some years and unload old paints, tires and other items like cleaning fluids.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!