Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dirty Socks and More Under My Son's Bed

My nine-year-old's room has gotten quite messy again. The center of the floor isn't too bad, but underneath the bed, dresser and toy organizer, it's cluttered. And, we still haven't found his Nintendo DS. It's been missing for a full month now. I thought I'd help look by cleaning out under his bed. As much as the DS annoys me at times, I am feeling bad for him that he lost it. He's been a pretty good sport about it, but I know he'd really like to find it.
I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but there's about five dirty socks hidden in with the toys. It's like an Easter egg hunt. I always laugh when I clean his room and find a bunch of dirty socks everywhere. He takes them off and tosses them in the air. The socks don't make it into the dirty laundry and I think he needs new socks. I bought him a package the last time I was at Wal-mart. Now that he's got more, maybe they'll make it into the laundry cycle more often. LOL
I picked up the toys (and the socks), made his bed and cleaned the floor. I found a few candy wrappers to throw away, but nothing else. I've already passed toys and books that he's outgrown down to his little brothers, though I do want to sort Lego and Bionicle pieces out of the toy bins and store them separately. I think that will help him stay organized. Sadly, there was no sign of the DS.

1 comment:

  1. That before picture looks exactly like my son's floor now... Love that there's a Calvin and Hobbes book. My kids are both big fans.

    Hope to learn a lot about decluttering here. It's not a talent of mine, yet...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!