Friday, May 22, 2009

Oh No! The Basement Flooded!

Ok, this could be a blessing in disguise. But, right now it's a major inconvenience. I have no idea how it happened, but our basement flooded today. It hasn't rained recently and we can't find any leaking pipes. My husband thinks it's the washing machine. But, there's a LOT of water. Our old washing machine used to leak and it was always contained in the laundry room. This covered the whole length of our basement, including the utility room. It also seeped out into the finished part of the basement. So, part of the carpet in the family room is saturated. I've got a fan blowing on it right now.

The water has mostly receeded, but before it did, it soaked the bottom of all of my husband's boxes full of computer stuff. I'm sure some of it's ruined. But, honestly, most of that stuff is outdated and in need of purging anyway. This will be his motivation to go through it, sort and consolidate. He's even talking seriously about putting things on Craig's List.

I spent most of my day dealing with the water, so I didn't do any decluttering or organizing for the garage sale today. I have a feeling that I will be working in the utility room tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I've dealt with many a floods and you have my sympathy. I dealt with 3 sewage floods. You poor kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm thankful that this isn't sewage water. Things are still damp, but better today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!