Friday, May 8, 2009

Time to De-Clutter the Kitchen

My kitchen was desperately in need of a 15-minute decluttering session. In my house, things have a way of hanging around on the counters for much longer than they are needed. Add to that the fact that this week was a particularly messy week, since we were all sick with the flu. The end result is a room that I felt uncomfortable cooking dinner in.


Once dinner was in the oven and the baby was happily eating a snack in the high chair, I set the timer and got to work. In that fifteen minutes I put away a roll of duct tape, some Legos, paperwork, pens, an empty pizza box and several other things. I wiped down the counters, swept the floor and filled the dishwasher. Tomorrow, I really need to clean the floor then I'll feel pretty good about the state of the kitchen again.


I didn't take a picture of the finished kitchen because I've already done that here. I did take a picture of one of my favorite things in the kitchen right now.

These are the seeds for the garden and my gladiolus bulbs. I'm not a great gardner, but I'm learning. I was hoping to get a start on everything last weekend, but the flu put a damper on it. Now, I'm planning on doing a little digging and planting this weekend. May the weather, the time and everything else in my life cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!