Friday, May 22, 2009

Yesterday's Work- Gearing up for the Garage Sale

I admit that I'm running out of steam a bit when it comes to decluttering. I don't know if it's the warm weather we're having, the busy time of year or the fact that the baby, who is now 15 months old, is into everything and not giving me much time to myself. Or maybe I'm just getting tired of decluttering.

That said, I'm determined to clean the house out a bit more because I still don't feel done. Yesterday, I started organizing in the garage to get ready for the garage sale on June 6th. This will be my big project for the next two weeks. I worked for 15 minutes, took the after picture and sat down with my laptop to write my blog entry. But, my ancient laptop had other plans. It shut down soon after I logged on and would not cooperate again. Today, I'm on my husband's laptop.
This old dresser has been in the middle of our garage floor for over a year. Before that, it sat, unused, in the baby's room. I don't need it and won't use it for clothing. It's so old that it smells odd. Some people might not notice or care, but I've got a very sensitive nose and can't get past it. Yesterday, I cleaned it off and turned it around so that it can be front and center for the garage sale. I would love to sell it. I would give it away for free, but someone once told me that items marked "free" don't move very well at garage sales. Everyone wonders what the flaws are. I think I'll try to get $25 for it, but will take any offer.
Here it is. I actually love the style and wish that I could use it. Hopefully it will go to a good home. I also dug out an old pair of cross country skis that I hope to sell. It's not much, but it's a start.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for you! I'm trying to diligently declutter, too. We went through the kids' shoes and winter coats yesterday. Tomorrow I'm going through my clothes to bring in the summer stuff and get rid of rarely worn winter stuff. Need to simplify.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It feels really good to simplify, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!