Monday, June 1, 2009

Books on the Floor

Yesterday my five year old pulled every book he owns off his bookcase. I didn't have time to deal with it until today. He's a lucky little boy with lots of books. I was actually kind of happy that he did it. It kept him busy for a couple of hours. He was looking through them, book by book, and found books that he wants to "read". He even sorted them a bit, though it doesn't look like it in the picture. He desperately wants to learn to read and is very interested in books, letters and words right now. That's something that I'm grateful for.

It took me longer than 15 minutes to get all the books back on the shelves. It was a trip down memory lane sorting everything. There are various books that have been favorites of both of my two older boys at one time or another. I found some books that I had forgotten we had that I want to read to my five-year-old. And, I transferred a few books to the toddler's room that my middle son has outgrown. As an added bonus, the shelves got a much needed dusting. The bookcase doesn't look perfect, but he's five. It's going to get messed up again.

1 comment:

  1. Sunnyboy pulls all his books off his bookshelf sometimes. I'm going to dust them next time, thanks for the suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!