Monday, June 15, 2009

Laundry, Laundry and More Laundry

I fell off the Cleaning up the Clutter bandwagon last week. Maybe it was garage-sale burnout or maybe it was that we had an unusually busy week. We celebrated my oldest son's 10th birthday, which meant lots of baking. We made cupcakes to take to school, birthday cake for the family party and cookies for the sleep over with his friends on Friday night (which they didn't end up eating). My five-year-old graduated from preschool last week, as well. And, we had the usual lacrosse practices and a game, plus lots of beautiful weather that kept us outdoors for a large part of every day. So, those are my excuses for not decluttering and blogging about it.

Since I was so busy, I managed to get buried in laundry again. I was washing and drying it, but not folding it and putting it away. Every morning for the past few days has started with a search through four baskets of clean laundry looking for socks and underwear for everyone. I lost my sense of humor about it this morning.

In addition to these four baskets, I also have a load in the dryer and another in the washing machine that needs to go in the dryer. And, I have about four more loads that need to be washed. The laundry certainly has reached the point of being clutter in my house right now. Ugh! Did I ever mention that I hate laundry? Maybe hate is too strong of a word, but it is one of my least-favorite household chores.

It took me 45 minutes to fold and put away the clothes and towels in the four baskets. I haven't done the socks yet. I'll hopefully get to those later today.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I only had that much laundry to ignore! I've got a mountain calling my name right now, I'm pretending I don't know my name though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!