Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dress-Up Clothes

I'm a little sad that my five-year-old son's dress-up phase seems to be over. From about age two until almost five, he loved dress-up clothes. Out of all the old Halloween costumes we have, his favorite was probably Spiderman, with Darth Vader running a close second. I have no problem with letting my kids wear costumes out and about every day, if the mood strikes them. The mood struck him a lot. He wore that Spidey costume so much that I had to mend it several times. Spiderman, and occasionally Darth Vader, went to the grocery store with me on a regular basis.














It wasn't all that long ago, so the dress-up clothes are still in his room. Even though he doesn't wear them anymore, they get pulled out of the crate almost everyday. I think the toddler is the culprit. If you have ever lived with a toddler, you know what it's like. Neat is not part of the job description.















I don't know how many times I've crammed all this stuff back into the green crate. For now, it's going on the top shelf of the toddler's closet. I'll fit the dragon head up there with it. I hope he wants to be a dragon for Halloween in a year or two. I made that for my middle son when he was three. It was the coolest Halloween costume ever! If I can, I'll find a picture to post.

2 comments:

  1. Aww how sad! My 5yo son lives for his costumes and has since he was old enough to understand dressing up. No signs of slowing down yet (fireman, spiderman and any number of capes are the front runners these days). I TOTALLY know what you mean about them ending up *everywhere* though!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing I hate about putting their toys "up" is that they can't reach them to PLAY with them either. But we don't have room for all the things we acquire, and with kids in different age groups (and thereby toy interest groups), it's a challenge, isn't it? (sigh)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!