Friday, September 18, 2009

Gearing Up for a Consignment Sale

A friend of mine convinced me to participate in a consignment sale for baby and children's things. The sale is coming up quickly, so I've got to get on the ball and get everything together, entered into their computer system and tagged.

I don't have a lot of things to sell, but I do have a few. As my youngest has outgrown clothes and toys, I've been pretty good about getting them out of the house right away. I've either given them to friends who could use them or put them in the Salvation Army box. I'm happy to use the sale as an opportunity to get rid of more clutter!



















I don't think I can sell the pink, stuffed poodle. They don't allow stuffed animals. But, either way, I'm going to get rid of that thing. Our kids have ended up with some strange toys through the years!

This will be the second consignment sale I've participated in. The last one was a few years ago. I had mixed feelings about it. I've never made a lot of money at things like that, so I wasn't expecting much. I think I just made enough to cover the entrance fee. So, it was a lot of effort for not much reward.

But, I'm looking forward to shopping at the consignment sale. I need some specific things, so hopefully I'll have lots of luck in that regard. Two of my boys need snow boots, one needs a winter jacket and the toddler needs pants. And, it never hurts to do a bit of Christmas shopping ahead of time, especially for the toddler who is happy with just about anything he gets.

Have you participated in a consignment sale? What did you think? Was it worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!