Sunday, September 6, 2009

Oganizing the Toddler's Room

I did it. I finally stopped calling my youngest son "the baby". He's 19 months old and truly is a toddler in all ways. I feel like it's time for me to tidy up his room a bit, get rid of outgrown clothing and reorganize what's left.









The white set of shelves went into his closet to organize toys. I feel pretty good about all of the toys I cleaned out several months ago. He's got a manageable amount. I want to sort a bit more and pick out all of the baby things, but I'll get to that later. Hopefully before Christmas.
I still use the changing table, though I know a lot of people stop using them once their baby is mobile. I did when my other two kids were, but, for some reason, this time I find it easier and more comfortable to change his diaper here. Maybe because I have everything I need right here or maybe because I'm not as young as I used to be. Ha ha







Because it was on the other side of the room, I wasn't using the dresser. I liked to have his clothes on the changing table for convenience. Now that the clothes are neatly tucked away, I really wish it would stay this tidy! A girl can dream, right?

My husband had to glue the middle shelf to fix it. When the wood glue is dry, I'll put the cloth diapers here. I go back and forth between cloth and disposable, but I'm really watching my pennnies right now and trying to use the cloth more often.

5 comments:

  1. Nice job! With all the bitsy toys and nappies/dipes of a toddlers room they are a nightmare to keep tidy. I used cloth with my 3 youngest boys and it really does help the budget out.. plus they look so nice folded on the shelf :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I used the changing table until my son was potty trained... it really saves the back! He's still in cloth diapers at night, but they all fit in a small drawer now that it's just nights. Once you get rid of the changing table start looking for Ikea Trofast systems on Craigslist. They are fabulous for organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I've done a bit of cloth-diapering, but it's something I've never really gotten the knack of, so it's a bit sporatic for me. I have recently tried the g-diapers and I really like those so far! I can throw the biodegradable part away and wash the rest, which is a bit easier for me to deal with. Anyway, it's lookin' good in his room for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cool stuff, you can find more Toddler Furniture from Casamodern.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!