Saturday, September 19, 2009

This Blog is Not About Food...

...however, I have to say that I am extremely uncomfortable with the ad that is currently running for Kellogg's Fruit Loops and Apple Jacks. The tag line says "it's a great way to keep kids healthy". Sorry, Kellogg's, but that's crap. Those cereals are high in sugar and loaded with artificial colors and flavors. I do not serve them to my children and hope that my readers don't think I endorse that cereal. My boys almost always start the day with some kind of protien, especially on school mornings. We have eggs, yogurt, homemade smoothies and things of that nature. OK, I'm stepping off my soapbox now. I've contacted BlogHer to see if I can get that ad removed. In the meantime, I'll post a link to a great blog about nutrition. Maybe it will counteract some of the bad vibes from the Kellogg's ad.

The Nourished Kitchen

Now back to Cleaning up the Clutter...

Update: Blogher was able to remove the Fruit Loops and Apple Jacks ads from my blog. Thank you to the ladies at Blogher that kindly responded to my request. I appreciate it!

3 comments:

  1. I just want to thank you so much for linking to me. It must drive you nuts to see those ads in your sidebar - they are SO deceptive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. applause!! I completely agree =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the support! I hesitated writing that post because I didn't want to alienate anyone, but I just couldn't let it go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!