Saturday, October 24, 2009

Finally! A Coupon Book!

A good friend of mine inspired me to get into couponing this year. I had tried it in the past with little success, but, it seems, there is a knack to it. I now check the CVS, Rite Aide and grocery store circulars every week. I clip coupons for things we need to match the sales. I think coupons have changed a lot in the last several years. The last time I tried, there were coupons for junk food and not much more. Now, I find coupons for eggs, yogurt, canned fruit and lots of other things that we use regularly.
I've been getting frustrated because my coupons are a disorganized mess. Shuffling through this mess was time consuming and I wasn't doing it every week. I needed to make a coupon binder.
I found this binder in the clearance section at Walmart a few weeks ago. I had to buy plastic baseball card style pages for it and I bought those this week. All I needed was a rainy day and about an hour to organize the coupons.

Almost half of these coupons were expired. The rest are neatly organized in my new binder. Finally, this dish of coupons is gone from my kitchen counter! I hope to be a more organized shopper after this!

3 comments:

  1. Send your expired coupons to a military base, they can use expired coupons for up to 6 months past the date at a PX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew that! What a great idea! Who would I send them to? Is there a specific office at a military base that I should direct them to? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know the answer to that one. I have always known people in the military, but I will look into it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!