Friday, October 2, 2009

Today's Challenge: Play With Your Kids and Enjoy Life

I'm feeling very grateful and thankful this afternoon. The toddler and I just got back from the ER about an hour and half ago. He took a tumble down our front porch steps this morning, hit his forehead and scraped his face up pretty badly. After he stopped crying, he was sleepy and not himself. Thankfully, he perked up at the ER and everything checked out ok. They observed him for a couple of hours just to be on the safe side and sent us home with a list of things to watch out for. That is why I'm not up for any decluttering challenges today!

For the rest of the afternoon, I'm going to forget about the state of the house, play with the kids and bake something yummy for dessert. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend, and give the boy some extra hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family love, to me, is the most valuable thing you have in your life. If you didn't have your family, you wouldn't go anywhere. When you were down, they were there for you. When you needed something they tried to make that happen. When you think you don't have a family, you do. All you need to do is just give them a little call and they will be there for you. I got kicked out of the house when I was 18 and I had nowhere to go. I was around a wrong crowd and got into drugs. My addiction to meth was so bad, I nearly died. I realized that my life wasn't going anywhere and I needed help. The first people that I called and the only people that I called was my mom and dad. They were very happy to help me and got me into a drug rehab program. I am currently on the program and I can already tell that things are getting back to normal. I'm getting my life back, and most important I'm getting my family back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck to you. I will pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad he was OK!!
    My youngest granddaughter (now 4) had stitches on her forehead before she could walk - pitched forward onto a coffee table (at the babysitters') . . .
    Arnica is our friend!! I carry the homeopathic in my purse, & my dau uses the salve - frequently! It helps stop bruising, & is great in most 'first aide' situations, for little or big folks!

    This AM I was bending down & she was 'lifting' up - her head collided with my lip! Youch - & didn't have my purse along, so no arnica for several hours! The swelling has gone down, & it's just a bit sore this evening :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!