Thursday, October 1, 2009

Today's Challenge: See Yesterday's Challenge

So, I didn't do the challenge yesterday. I started, but things were busy and I didn't get it done. I was determined to do it today because we are out of empty hangers and I don't want to buy more. As soon as the kids were on the school bus, the toddler and I were dressed and fed and I had read the newspaper, I got to work and finished finding 50 items of clothing to donate.

I quickly went through all the closets and dressers to pick out the things that no longer fit, haven't been worn in years or are just not our style. I realize how truly fortunate we are to have this many extra things to donate. To be honest, most of our clothing comes in the form of gifts. My mother-in-law is an avid garage saler and keeps the boys stocked in just about everything they need. Once in a while, there's an item of clothing they don't like that hangs in the closet for months.

She also gives me a lot of clothes, which isn't as odd as it sounds. She's got a fantastic sense of style and I love her hand me downs! But, sometimes things don't fit or I don't like how something looks on me. I tend to hang onto these things for a bit, but today, I weeded them out.

All of this fit into two, kitchen garbage bags. I'll drop it off at the church the next time I go out.

2 comments:

  1. I am a new reader, but found you once before. I am so happy to have found you again. I need to do the very things you talk about...especially clothes...

    THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENCOURAGING AND HELPFUL BLOGS! I now have you on my Favorites!

    Visit my blog IF you like...AlaneSays.blogspot.com

    It's a bit serious, but CAN be uplifting and informative, as well. Start at my first post...which was just in September! THANKS TO YOU from AlaneSays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for reading my blog and for the lovely compliment! It can be overwhelming to clean out, but a little at a time makes it a bit easier! I will check out your blog for sure. Thanks for sharing your link!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!