Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What Lurks Beneath the Couch?

Toys, cheerios and dog hair are starting to seep out from under the living room furniture again. It's time to move the couch and chair away from the wall, pick up the clutter, vacuum and dust these areas that don't often see the light of day. And, we can't find my oldest son's Webelos book, so I thought it'd be worth a shot to look under the furniture.
I found some books under the couch, but not the one I was looking for. Still, my kids will be happy to see some of the toys that were lurking here. After I picked up and vacuumed, I cleaned the floor with my favorite hardwood floor cleaner.

I think the floors are so pretty when they are fresh and clean. Even though I didn't find what I was looking for, the whole room feels cleaner now that I know it's clean underneath the furniture. No more wondering what food is hiding there, secretly calling out to the rodents in the neighborhood. They won't find anything to eat here!

2 comments:

  1. I moved my couch last night to find a missing stuffy, but only found dust bunies, food and other things. I was tired and scared so I just put it back ;) Tonight I will clean it (maybe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good project for the week before Halloween. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!