Monday, November 2, 2009

Back to the Family Room...

This weekend was the perfect example of why I shouldn't be eating sugar. It sucks my energy away almost completely and makes me irritable. The house suffered, the laundry suffered and I was as grumpy as a hungry bear with my poor kids for a couple of days. Yesterday, I swore off sugar again. I've done this several times before. The longest I've ever gone with no sugar is about a month. After that, it slowly creeps back in little by little until I'm gorging myself on candy or baked goods again. Ugh! I would love to make this a permanent thing this time. I've got three boys, I can't afford to have anything steal my energy away. I need every last drop!


Anyway, my energy is coming back, though I still feel crabby and irritable. I got caught up on my laundry yesterday and tackled another spot in the downstairs family room today.
Check out that old Atari! My husband's grandmother found this when she was cleaning out her basement. She said it used to be his, so she thought he might like it back. He really wants to get it working again, but he doesn't have the time or the right adapter to hook it up to the TV. For now, I put it in the utility room. We don't need to leave it out where we can trip over it.



About 20 minutes later, this looks much better. Isn't that woodwork pretty? I can't wait until we can afford to fix this room up a bit. I think it can be made into a nice, cozy spot someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!