Friday, November 13, 2009

Company's Coming and I Need to Clean!

My sister and her daughters are coming to visit for the weekend. The house isn't too dirty and messy, but I do need to get a lot of cleaning done today. It shouldn't take me more than a couple of hours this morning. I need to spend the afternoon making two pots of homemade soup, macaroni and cheese and Rice Crispie treats.

The list was a great motivational tool for me on Monday, so I'm going to do it again! Here is today's cleaning list:

1. Pick up and vacuum the living room.
2. Spend 5 minutes cleaning each bedroom.
3. Clean the upstairs bathroom.
4. Clean the downstairs bathroom.
5. Sweep and wipe the entryway.
6. Spend 10 minutes cleaning the kitchen.
7. Sweep and spot clean the kitchen floor.
8. Dust.
9. Fold and put away clean laundry.

Ok, that should do it. If I think of anything else crucial, I'll add it to the list. I better get busy!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like having someone 'on their way over' to spark the cleaning bug!! Recently I read something (here??) about how we are likely to want to clean for our sister or someone else, & to turn that energy into cleaning for ourselves!! Makes sense - & what a nice thought.

    Doesn't it feel good to know that there's not a LOT to do, before you'll feel company ready?!

    I call it 'flight of the bumblebee' & have a quick list on the fridge. I find lists helpful, too - GOOD LUCK, & have a great visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!