Monday, December 28, 2009

More Creepy Crawlies...

Last week, I made snails out of old wool sweaters, so they were more cute than creepy. This week, my oldest son got a pet frog for Christmas. Rather, he got almost everything he needs to make a cozy frog habitat and a gift certificate to get a frog. He's pretty excited. Today's decluttering project focused on getting his room ready for the new family pet.

Before I post the pictures, I want to try to make myself feel better by saying that his room is trashed, but it's only really been that way for a few days. He had tidied it before Christmas, but his efforts didn't last long when he got his new toys and books. I guess I should feel lucky that I didn't find any actual creepy crawlies lurking under the dirty laundry.
We needed to put the dresser where the toy organizer was and vice versa. There were also lots of little toys hiding under the furniture. When he cleans his room, he doesn't go beyond the visible floor space.

It took about 45 minutes to move the furniture, clean and set up the habitat. I think it looks pretty good. He needs the main tank for the frog and a smaller tank for crickets. We're going to get the tank to the right temperature and humidity before we get the frog. I'm hoping we'll be able to do that by the end of the week.

2 comments:

  1. You are a brave woman. I say no to all things creepy, crawly and squeaky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not brave at all. The boys already know there will never be a snake in the house, so this is a compromise. Not that he wanted a snake, but he initially wanted a lizard. I'm more comfortable with a frog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!