Saturday, January 9, 2010

14 Articles in 14 Days?! The House will Suffer for Sure!

As some of you know, I have a few on-line writing gigs. One of them is for Suite101.com. They are currently running a challenge for their writers called 14 Articles in 14 Days. It's pretty self-explanatory. I really need to give my writing a kick in the pants, so I decided to go for it.

My long-term goal is to be a bona-fide freelance writer with lots of in-print credits. I've got a few now (5, soon to be 6, but whose counting?). So, to that end I need to write. The only way to be a writer is to be a writer, not a dreamer. Not that there's anything wrong with dreaming, but it's a lot more effective when there are actions to back it up.

In addition to writing 14 articles for Suite101 this month, I've got an assingment to do for my writing class that I really want to knock out of the park and a magazine query that I finished two months ago that I have got to send. Why haven't I sent it yet? I don't know. Fear of rejection, maybe. But, I'm used to that in the writing world, so I don't know about that. But, I've put a lot into it and I think it's a good query. Heck, I've already written the article that goes with it, which I also am quite proud of, so I want it to go out into the universe and be treated kindly. I think I'm afraid it won't be.

In the meantime, I know my house is going to suffer. I've got three kids to take care of and not a lot of spare time as it is. I'm going to try to do some decluttering projects over the next two weeks, but if I don't post much, it's because I'm busy typing.

Here is the beautiful stock photo I found on Morguefile.com yesterday to go with an article I wrote and posted on Suite101. I've got two articles of the 14 done, 12 to go. Wish me luck! Here's to hoping my house isn't too trashed when I get through my writing frenzy!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Just found you through BlogHer. Looking forward to following you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!