Thursday, March 18, 2010

Back to Tackling the Clutter

Ok, things seem to be getting a bit out of hand as far as clutter goes again. There seem to be little piles everywhere. They're on the kitchen counters, on all flat surfaces in the living room, in the bedrooms and even in the bathroom. It's a bit hard to de-clutter right now since the weather has taken a turn for the better. Spring seems determined to entice us all outside. My head and heart aren't into cleaning. Still, I've got to force myself to spare 15 minutes a day!
There's a lot of stuff on the end of this counter! Most of it belongs to the two older boys. There's school papers, library books, a puzzle, flash cards and who knows what else. It's been bugging me for some time.
15 minutes later and I can see the counter top again! Most of the school papers got recycled and everything else is now where it's supposed to go. I left the puzzle here, since my son is still working on it. I cut a square piece of cardboard from a cereal box to put the finished section on so the pieces aren't all over the counter. He's got one week to finish it. Then, it's going back in the box and back in his closet!

2 comments:

  1. THAt spot on the kitchen counter is my total nemesis! I tackled it a week ago and we've done a pretty good job of keeping it clear! I left nothing but the phone lol. I hate piles as well, so grats on defeating that one :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!