Sunday, August 22, 2010

Relaxing the Adirondack Way

We just got home from a camping trip to the Adirondacks. I can honestly say that it was one of the most relaxing camping vacations I have ever been on. A year made a huge difference with the toddler, who was really difficult to camp with last year. This year, he played and enjoyed his time outside without hurtling himself toward the dangers of the campsite. We still had to keep our eyes on him, but we could let our guard down a bit.

While camping, I finally got to do some serious reading. Thanks to my sister-in-law, Jenny, for lending me the novel The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. I couldn't keep my nose out of it and finished it in a week. If you haven't read it, put it on your must-read list. It's one of the most engaging and entertaining books I've read in awhile! I loved it!

Because our camping closet is nicely organized, both packing and unpacking for the camping trip were a breeze. It's infinitely satisfying and stress relieving to have a dedicated place for all the gear! Now I have to work my way through a week's worth of camping laundry. It doesn't seem too bad this time around, though.

I needed that vacation as much as I need air to breath. Now I'm refreshed and ready to get back into the swing of things around here. We've got to finish getting ready for school, I've got to get caught up on some writing projects and I need to finish my summertime task of cleaning out all the boys' bedrooms (two done, one to go).

To kick off the end of the summer and the beginning of the school year, I'm going to have a give away. I'm pretty excited about this! Right before I left for vacation, I e-mailed Peter Walsh, author of several books on decluttering and organizing and star of the TLC show Clean Sweep. He's currently working on a new show for the Oprah Winfrey Network called Enough Already! with Peter Walsh. Anyway, I asked him if he'd donate a book that I could use for a give away on my blog. He was the nicest guy and sent a book along right away! Look for a post with all the details sometime in the next couple of days!

2 comments:

  1. Heard Peter Walsh on two Oprah programs with a woman who filled up her home with her hoarding habits. It took 100 people and 8 weeks to give her back her home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is is about organizers and the Adirondacks??? It is my favorite place on earth. Maybe its because nature is beautiful and uncluttered. I have garden tips for the end of season up now at http://www.organize-more-stress-less.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!