Friday, September 10, 2010

The Dresser: Before & After Pictures

You may remember that I painted my toddler's dresser a few weeks ago. The project wasn't quite finished because, as is typical for us, I lost some of the screws to the drawer handles before I could put them back on. That meant a trip to the hardware store, which I finally made yesterday. My oldest son put the handles back on and the dresser is now complete. Here are the before and after pictures.We've had this dresser for years and always intended to paint it. Why it took us about 16 years to get to it, I'll never figure out, but it's done now. As you can see, it needed more than a paint job. A little sanding and wood glue took care of the worst of it. Luckily, the paint hides many flaws! Ta-da! What do you think? I painted his bookcase to match. And, I'm thinking about painting his bed frame, too. Already his room looks so much better! It went from a room full of cast-off furniture, piles of clothing and clutter to a relatively tidy, little boy's room.

5 comments:

Thanks!