Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Wedding Dress, Shoes & Dust Bunnies

I really should be working on the toddler's closet, but the master bedroom is screaming for attention. I've ignored it for weeks while I finished cleaning the boys' bedrooms and it's hurting. It's also collected some stuff that needs to find a home. My wedding dress, for instance, has been hanging out in a box in front of the closet. I moved it out of the camping closet because it doesn't fit in there anymore. It's a large box, so every time we need to get into the closet, we've got to move it.

I'd honestly forgotten what my wedding dress looked like. It's been 14 years since we got married, but in a way, it feels like it was yesterday, or at least just a couple of years ago.

The dress looks like it has sleeves, and I think it did, but they were optional and removable. I opted not to wear them because I got married in July.

The dress, still sealed in it's special acid-free box, found a new home behind the shoe rack in the closet today. I cleaned out the bottom section of the closet, vacuumed up many dust bunnies and put the dress and the shoes back in neatly. It looks crowded, but tidy. I can live with that. It sure beats having a box blocking our closet door!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!