Thursday, December 9, 2010

DeCluttering Advent Days 8 & 9

Yesterday I had to get groceries, finish my Christmas shopping and get a haircut. As evidenced by my lack of posting, I was out of the house for most of the day. I also wasn't doing any decluttering. Today, I'm making up for it with two posts in one. Of course, this also means that I have twice the decluttering activities to do. Or, I could do as Flylady suggests and just pick up where I left off. Either way, I'm posting the decluttering Advent suggestions for December 8th and 9th.

Store those cookies in a clean refrigerator. Photo courtesy of cohdra at Morguefile.

December 8
Clean the Fridge

If you’re like me, your refrigerator holds a lot of leftovers. Before it’s time to fill it with holiday goodies, clean it out. Get rid of the half-full jars of old spaghetti sauce, the limp celery and the six-month old chili that’s starting to grow fur. Finish by wiping down the shelves with a damp rag.

December 9
Donate a Box of Books to the Local Library

Grab a box of any size and spend 15 minutes filling it with books. Go through your books, your children’s books and your partner’s books. Once it’s filled, walk it right out to the car and put it in the trunk. The next time you’re running errands, drop it off at the local library or another location that accepts used book donations. I actually got a jump on this decluttering activity and completed it last week. Our local library put out a special request for children's book donations to get ready for an upcoming children's book sale. I took advantage of the decluttering opportunity and got the books in by the deadline. When someone asks for extra clutter, whether it's books, clothing or toys, I need to jump! And, thankfully, this means I only have one decluttering activity to do today after all!

Here's a list of the recent Decluttering Advent posts:

December 7 - Create a Rainy Day Box of Toys

December 6 - Organize the Coat Closet

December 5 - All I Want for Christmas is Peace

December 4 - Put Away Non-Holiday Decorations

December 3 - Donate a Bag of Clothing

December 2 - Organize Gift Wrapping Supplies

December 1 - Declutter Christmas Decorations

3 comments:

  1. Yep! FlyLady is correct. We are not behind, but, Barb, I have to get the stuff that didn't sell in the garage sale out of the garage so I can park in there! Yesterday I had to drive my husband's car because mine wouldn't start. I am way behind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. crazy! i decluttered my bookshelves late last night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, DeAnna!

    Carol - Hope the car is better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!