Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Snow Day!

I admit to still feeling a bit of excitement when I find out we are having a snow day. The boys, of course, are thrilled!  However, my excitement is now mixed with a bit of dread. Last week, our first snow day of the year brought lots of fighting between my two older boys and a trashed house. I was feeling frazzled and prayed that night for the sky to clear and the kids to be back in school the next day. When our local weatherman predicted today's storm, I was determined to have a better day. So far so good, though it's only 9:00 A.M. 

My goals for today are:

1. Keep on top of basic cleaning.
2. Finish the laundry early. We are supposed to get freezing rain on top of the snow, which might mean the power will go out later. I want to have the laundry done beforehand, just in case.
3. Keep the woodstove going.
4. Make homemade bread. The boys love to help and I've got to keep them busy so they don't get bored and fight. And, who doesn't love homemade bread!  It makes the house smell good and is yummy. Plus, if the power goes out, we can eat it for the next few days.
5. Vacuum.
6. Write. I've got 5 articles about Veterans Day to write for Holidays Central and three about Memorial Day that are already written to upload to their site. I've got to do as much as I can as early as I can.
7. If we do lose power, we'll probably do these activities that I wrote about over at Suite101 a couple of years ago. And, we'll play board games.

Hope you have a great day!  If you live in this area, drive safely if you have to be out on the roads.

2 comments:

  1. Good plans. Hope you enjoy your boys today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carol. We did have a good day. Crazy weather lately, though! The boys have had two, 2-hour delays since then. They've only had one full day of school this week. Now, we're getting ready for a cold snap and another storm next week! I love the Northeast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!