Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Kitchen Deep Cleaning Begins!

I've procrastinated long enough!  I need to start deep cleaning the kitchen today. I can't help but feel like I have a huge, daunting task ahead of me, but I'm trying to remember my own advice. I need to take it one day at a time, one 15-minute increment at a time and one drawer or cupboard at time. I know I will get results if I just plug away at it day by day!  So, whose with me? Who wants to start cleaning out the kitchen today (or tomorrow)?

The first task is to pick one drawer to clean. You can even pick the least messy drawer! Here is what you need to do:
  • Set a timer for 15 minutes
  • Empty the drawer
  • Vacuum the drawer if it needs it.
  • Wipe the drawer with a damp rag. Spray it with a vinegar/water mix if you need to disinfect it a bit.
  • Throw away any garbage.
  • Put unwanted clutter into a box to donate to a thrift store or a Goodwill store the next time you leave the house.  Or, save it for a garage sale if you have space to store it.
  • Return everything you are keeping to the drawer in an organized manner.
That's it!  Feel free to leave a comment if you want to share how you started spring cleaning your kitchen today! 

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I also set a timer and do a series each week called the 10 minute challenge: http://www.mommieswithcents.com/category/10-minute-challenge-2

    Also a fan of the vinegar & water cleaning solution. It's about all I use anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 10-minute challenge sounds great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!