Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Three Color Choices for the Bathroom Walls: the Good, the Bad & the Wimpy

Ready for a multiple choice question? Yes? Here it is:

If you had a lavender bathtub, what color would you paint your walls?

A. Amethyst Cream - This is the same color as the bathroom cabinets. I know it's hard to see the actual color here. It looks white, but it's got a hint of lavender, I promise! 

B. February Frost - This looks nice in the picture, but in the sunlight, it's a little bright. Maybe it's too bright. I'm not sure.

C. Lilac Murmur - This one is not much darker than choice A. I actually requested a different color for this sample when I was at Home Depot, but she mixed the wrong shade on the card I gave her. I didn't notice it until I was home.

I really don't want to go back for another sample, so I need make a choice from these three. In all honesty, I wish I had a color halfway between choice A and choice B. Is it possible to ask them to mix that?

So, which color would you pick to paint your bathroom? 

I'm not going to say which choice I think is good, bad or wimpy. I'll wait until I get a few comments before I reveal which way I'm leaning (which changes daily!). Fortunately, my sister-in-law is going to be here tomorrow. She's got a knack for decorating and I'm not going to let her leave until she gives me her opinion!

7 comments:

  1. Pick the color closest to the woodwork, in my opinion. Not sure which it would be of these three pictures.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for B mostly because I can't really see the other two colors but I really want to see your lavender bath tub!!

    Grey goes good with lavender in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amethyst Cream is the color I picked when I painted the bedroom. Unfortunately I sent DH to the HD and he bought Lilac thinking I might want a bit more purple. Its time to repaint (I've settled on sage).
    Yes you can take the two colors and ask them to make something in between the two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A house full of men and boys might not appreciate a purple bathroom. I vote for the Amethyst Cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good point, Shirley! Lauren was here today and she likes the Amethyst Cream, too. That's what I was leaning towards, so that it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tree - I considered doing sage in there, but I'm thinking it might be too trendy, especially with the purple. And, my living room is sage, so I don't want to do the same in the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for the Amethyst Cream. I think the lighter color contrasts well with the top tile pieces which are darker. We just completed our bathroom remodel and we used a darker color on the bottom half of the wall and asked them to mix a color two shaders lighter for the top half of the wall which is separated by a chair rail.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!