Thursday, February 17, 2011

Updates to "Where to Donate Your Decluttered Items"

I added a few updates to Where to Donate Your Decluttered Items.  If you haven't looked at it in awhile or are just beginning spring cleaning, check it out!  You may be able to find a home for your decluttered items. 

This is my favorite new addition:

Crazy Crayons - Accepts used and broken crayons and makes them into fresh, new crayons. Prefers that you leave the papers on the crayons. They also don't accept crayons made in China and other foreign countries that use plastics and lead in crayons. They accept American-made crayons for recycling, so buy American and encourage the schools, restaurants and other businesses you visit to do the same.

What an awesome idea!  I wish I had found this last week before I cleaned out the craft drawer.

3 comments:

  1. That is pretty cool. Do you know off the top of your head what Crayons are made where?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crayola crayons are made in Easton, PA. I have some crayons called Cra-Z-Art that are made in China and some called "Hands on Fun" that are made in Taiwan. I'm not sure about Rose Art, though a quick Google search turns up a New Jersey address for the company. I don't know if that's where they're manufactured or just company headquarters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! Just this past week I was thinking my kids have WAY too many crayons! I feel guilty throwing them out, but didn't know what to do with them. I'll be checking in to this next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!